Printers are the best friends when we have to transfer all those bits and bytes on the paper. We normally print a piece of information because we need that on paper. Something that frustrates users is that when they need anything on paper, printer refuses to perform the job. With below guide you would be able to fix printer Canon.com/ijsetup issues for Windows 98 and Windows Me.
Windows Operating system has several built-in tools and you can access by:
A window will appear listing all installed printers and their statuses. You can check here if your printer is missing then you have to reinstall it.
Below are outlined few general troubleshooting steps to help to resolve printing issues.
* First thing you need to do is to restart your computer if you are facing problem with your printer. You will see that many problems disappear after restarting computer. In some cases printer stops communication with computer, so, you have to turn printer OFF for moments and then turn ON.
* Check printer lights to make sure your printer is ON. Also find either paper feed light is blinking. Turn it OFF and then turn ON plus you can take it to offline and bring it online again.
* You need to make sure either cable from printer to your system is well connected at both ends. Check your connector pins and make them straight in case they are bent. In this situation you can use another cable (if the pin is broken). Also check cartridges.
* Check using Windows test page. You can access by Printer’s Properties>>General Tab>>Print Test Page button. If you are getting print with a test page, it means there is problem with the application not with operating system.
* Make sure that you have updated drivers. Incase you have problem with drivers then you should visit manufacturer’s website for possible solution.
* Remove USB peripherals and then try online
In many cases it is found that out-dated driver is the real cause. In this situation you need to visit manufacturer’s website and download the latest driver. Few users report that they are facing drive space errors, if same is your case; you have to clean your hard drive. What happens is that when Windows prints a file or document, it creates an image of the print job on system’s HD and then sends that image to the printer. In there is no space, you cannot take print.
Sometimes users are facing Spool32 error messages. This message shows that system is having problem while writing printer output to a local file and send it to the printer queue for job. If you have updated your printer driver then you should close all applications and programs then reboot the computer and try again. Probably your problem is out now. If not then you need to check your Windows Registry. Mostly errors are occurring inside PC because of corrupted entries in Windows Registry. Registry is highly sensitive part of the operating system that stores information in form of keys and codes.